Friday, July 5, 2013

Hands off kid

The not so endearing everyday occurrences that make me want to scream, "Hands OFF, kid!"

I know, sharing is caring.  Yet, every time one of my girls goes to grab food from my plate I am bugged beyond belief.  I don't know what it is, yes, I do; I don't want to share my food.  You have your food on your plate, which is the exact same as what is on my plate, so come on kid, hands off!  I put this food here because I want to eat it not have you eat it for me...especially if it is dessert!

Everyone know that kids have the best sensors: they can sit and keep themselves entertained actually telling you to leave them alone, but the moment you need to get something done they know and therefore need you right then and there.  That can be bothersome in and of itself, but it's when I am standing there, trying to prep dinner and my pants are being yanked on and almost off that I want to scream, Hands off kid!  I am wearing these pants for a reason and would like to keep them on. Aw how cute she wants me to hold her.  Nope, sorry, I can't stand my pants being pulled on for attention.  I love my girls but that bugs and I often find myself shaking them off of my leg.   

My clothes are put away neatly in drawers and or hanging in my closet.  That is until one of these little munchkins decides that pulling out and showing whomever is around my underwear is a fun activity.  Or there is the pulling down of every shirt saying, "mommy this is pretty wear this", sorry kid I am not going to wear that fancy dress to the park today.  The part that bugs is that for every shirt she would like me to wear about 5 end up on the floor, which I then have to re hang.  Seriously, I know that is not a big deal and how cute is it that she wants to help dress me, however, it totally bugs me! Hands off my clothes kiddos.  I like them where they are thank you. 

Maybe I am OCD, maybe I am just a little mean, I don't know.  I just know that these, and I am sure there are a few others, small toddler behaviors I find far from endearing.  They irk me.  I love my kids.  I just wish that they knew to keep their hands off! 


No comments:

Post a Comment