Thursday, July 11, 2013

Some things are BIGGER

It was one of those mornings.  Counting down the minutes until I could get the girls down for nap.  Looking around at all of the things that need to be done, pick folding laundry, starting a new load, and unloading the dishwasher.  Okay, I'm taking a break, just want to be mindless for a few, maybe finish the kid activity blog I started the other day.  Log into Facebook, because that is the ultimate mindless activity and BOOM!  I'm reminded that life is not always a simple choice between which endless house task to complete, or how many I should complete before I take some time to be lazy, etc..  Sometimes it's not simple or easy or lazy at all.  Sometimes its about a fight for your life

I logged onto Facebook and found a shared link to a page for Friendship Paddle.  The scary, tearful part of this link, is that I find myself looking at my sisters best friend and her beautiful family.  I've known Tara has been in a fight for her life.  I think about her.  I pray for her.  Yet, seeing this tugged on me harder than knowing these past few months has.  I did what I needed, I donated.  Yet, I sit here now feeling sad and awakened.  I often kid and complain about parenting and kids and relationships, but the reality is these things are what makes life beautiful and worthwhile.  I can no longer imagine a life without my family, nor my families without me. 

When you find yourself frustrated about your job, your life, the laundry, the dog, whatever it is, remember this, It is a blessing.  This life is a blessing.  Live it as such. 

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.” - Denis Waitley

And in case you are interested and want to learn more http://www.friendshippaddle.org/current_paddle.htm

The great lesson is that the sacred is in the ordinary, that it is to be found in one's daily life, in one's neighbors, friends, and family, in one's backyard. - Abraham Maslow

No comments:

Post a Comment