Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July 4th Part 2

As someone who likes to entertain I'm always on the look out for little bits and pieces of extras to leave for my guests.  At Christmas, B and I made green Rice Krispie treats, cut them out in Tree shapes and decorated them with stars on top and a few sprinkles, tied them up in little baggies and put them out on everyone's dinner plate; a little take home dessert.  I picked that treat because it was easy for Blaire to assist me in doing.  I had no idea they would be such a hit, but then again who doesn't love a Rice Krispie Treat?  I will admit I make them with the healthier Brown Rice Krisps, but no one knows the difference.  We did a batch at Easter, eggs fully decorated with sprinkles and frosting.  Of course this means we are making a batch for the 4th!  We've only begun decorating (we had to get more colors today seeing as red white and green doesn't scream 4th of July).  I'm excited because I found food coloring markers!  Usually I refuse to use food coloring in our food (unless it's the natural kind), but I'm intrigued and  can't wait to try them later!


No comments:

Post a Comment