Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Balance

I think that we can all agree that Balance is the key to sanity.  I'm not only talking about life balance, but also EXERCISE!  You knew it had to come sooner or later ;)  I am one of the lucky people in life who actually enjoys or rather LOVES exercise.  I think that nothing  can compare to the feel of dripping swear after an ass kicking workout.  Unfortunately, I also know that there are many people who find that to be the worst feeling.  And that brings me back to BALANCE.  You don't have to be dripping sweat hours each and every day to be getting exercise.  BUT, truly, you DO NEED to exercise.  Exercise helps the physical, mental, and spiritual self.

I will attempt to give you some ideas to help balance out your life and exercise, some days my suggestion may be to go on a walk and find the beauty around you, which really we shoudl all do at least one time per week.  Other days possibly circuit training ideas, mommy and me, etc.  As a trainer and lover of fitness, I know how easy it can be to become unbalanced in your routine, so if nothing else I hope to just motivate you to mix it up.  Afterall, variety is the spice of life.

Today GET OUTSIDE!  This can easily be done with your child/children. Let them try to do these exercises along with you or cheer you on!

20 Plie squats (second position)
Play Hop Scotch for 1 min, varying which is your single leg to jump on :)
20 Wall push ups, or floor, knees/toes, whichever suits you
Walking lunges, aim for 20 from each leg
15 Tricep dips from a chair or step, whatever you have
Abdominal crunches:  knees in table top (knees stack on top of hips) support your head in your hand, 15 down the center and 15 to each side (keep both butt cheeks down at all times)

Do 1-3 X's  

OR come try a class at the IM=X studio.  www.imxsb.net   ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment