Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kale Salad

I've learned that if we grow it, they will eat it.  Hence, my girls love Kale.  Blaire will actually pick it out of the garden and eat it raw.  However, I stumbled upon a Kale Salad recipe that I throw at just about anyone who comes to eat here and have found that I can turn just about anyone into a lover of Kale!  This recipe comes from the cookbook Feeding the Whole Family, Cooking with Whole Foods author: Cynthia Lair

Massaged Kale and Currant Salad

1 bunch Kale
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 diced red onion
1/3 cup currants
3/4 cup diced apple
1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/4 Olive Oil
2 tbs unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (I have never put this in)

Massage your Kale (after cleaning, de-stemming, and cutting into think pieces) in the salt for 2 minutes.  Add in onion, apple, currants, sunflower seeds.  Dress with Oil and Vinegar.  Adjust for salt/vinegar as needed (again, Ive never needed).  Seriously keeps for a few days.  

pure goodness!  

No comments:

Post a Comment