Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What I may have to say

I've been wanting to start a blog or write a book for some time now.  This is my attempt.  The funny thing is it's unlikely that anyone really cares what I have to say, but as I tell my husband, I spend most of my time debating with a two and a half year old and/or talking to a one year old.  Needless to say I speak to myself all day long, and though I'm not convinced that blogging is truly any different than me speaking to myself, at least I can pretend that I am speaking to all of you, the people in cyberspace. 

In my past life, which is my life pre-children, I was a high school teacher.  Specifically, I taught Special Education and Continuation School.  Oddly, these jobs probably prepared me better for being the parent of a toddler than any job I could imagine, being as behavior management was the number one indicator of a good or bad day.  I was, and am, a trainer at the most amazing Pilates studio and Fitness Center, IM=X Santa Barbara.  I can't imagine working with and for better individuals; much of my sanity, is due to this place. (Yes, the level of my sanity is debatable, but again I reference the fact that much of my day is spent with a 1 and 2 yr old).

 I'm a lover of all things health and well being related.  I spend what little time I have reading up on nutrition, health, fitness, etc.  It's somewhat obsessive, I'm sure, but to me it's thrilling information that I strive to put into place everyday.  My girls never ate baby food from a store bought jar (with the exception of some prunes to relieve constipation).  I'm a stay at home mom who strives to make play educational & messy.  I work harder at trying to be a mom then I've worked on any other task given to me.  I have yet to earn my super mom cape. 

I am the wife to the most supportive and loving man, Brian, that I have ever known.  We made the decision, together and not lightly, for me to become a stay at home mom.  It was the best decision I have ever made in my life. I can't imagine not being with my girls as much as I am.  I work part time, very part time as a trainer, and on most days even that is too much for me (mainly because my awesome nanny takes the girls out and about so when I do get home no one is here:( now please play your violin for me) This brings me to my final point:   I am judgmental, and before you go poo pooing at me, realize that EVERYONE is judgmental, it is part of our human make up and does not equate to being negative.  When you tell me something, yes I will make a face and you will think, "there she goes judging me again" but you're wrong.  I'm not judging you, I'm judging what you told me in comparison to what I do and deciding if it would work for me or not, and if it would it be better for me and my family.

Thus, my point and what I think I can bring to the world of blogging... Educator, Trainer, Stay at Home Mom...my crazy convoluted world, the ins, outs, ups, downs, twists, flips, and oh shits....the road to...what?  Not sure yet, but I'd love for you to come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment