Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Seriously Socks

Anyone who knows me knows that I was not blessed with good sleepers.  Bad sleepers is almost an understatement in our household.  Since I chose to not work full time I find it only fair that I am the one who takes care of night waking's, seeing as if I was a person who could nap, I would nap during the girls nap time while the hubby is off at work.  Last night took the cake on the 2 am wake up call.  Not because it was a particularly long or tearful awake period, but because I found myself talking about socks with my not quite 3 year old. Apparently, wearing your cousins socks, who is 8 yrs older, to bed may not be the best option if you would like to keep them on.  Blaire spent what felt like FOREVER pulling the socks up as high as she could, by the way they are ankle socks, only to stretch them out and make them bigger, thus fall off more quickly.  After then finding her way to my bed, Blaire continued to throw her legs up to play with the socks and scream each time they slid opposite of her desire.  Although I know that there is no reasoning with an almost 3 year old due to the whole right brain left brain thing, I still in my deep desire to sleep tried to explain why the socks were falling down and that she needed to close her eyes and sleep.  That led to more screaming and possibly a few tears, hard to say at that time on day.  Finally I did my best to tuck the socks in under her pants in hopes of keeping them in place.  That along with some water allowed her to drift back to sleep just in time for my loving 1 year old to want to join the fun of wakefulness.  After she fell back to sleep, yes I caved and nursed her...the power of the boob is amazing in the middle of the night, some may poo poo me but that only proves you don't know the true meaning of not sleeping, my husband then needed to know how Blaire came to be in our bed...SERIOUSLY, I just want to freakin sleep!!  SERIOUSLY, SOCKS! 

On a side note, washing machine DO EAT SOCKS!  We've been having trouble with our washer not fully draining, upon opening some panels and tubes, low and behold we found SOCKS!  A few little baby and toddler socks, as well as one or two of my own.  Yet, another reason to want to throw out every sock in the house today, especially baby socks that never stay on anyway and then you wonder how it is that other parents get them to stay on without the use of shoes.  Yea, I don't buy it; I've tried it all, well not duck tape or super glue, but hey there's an idea, baby socks are pointless. 

Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment