Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Counting Blessings

We've had family in from Colorado the past week and have been spending as much family time as we could.  Sea Center, Park, Beach, BBQ's, Beach, Beach. Did I say Beach?  Needless I'm exhausted.  The girls have had their schedules adjusted, which means sleep has suffered, which means mommy has suffered.  I've complained to my husband about the crankiness (mine included) the poor quality of food being consumed by all, the time away from my normal schedule (I'm big on keeping to my schedule), etc etc etc. 

As I've looked over some pictures from the past week I realize, I'm a crazy B@#&%!  Why have I complained?  The last week, though crazy to a small extent, has been comprised of my girls getting to play with their 4 cousins.  It has been my husband getting to hang with his sisters.  My husband getting to bike with his partner and brother in law (one in the same).  It has been me having a chance to chat with my sister in law, mother of four children between the ages of 2-8.  A week of laughs, tears, friends coming together, family coming together, old stories, new stories, and yes, exhaustion.  Now, looking back at the week, I remember how blessed I am. How blessed my family is. 

In the daily grind of parenting we often forget to take moments to not only stop and observe, but rather to say thank you.  Thank you to whatever greater power you may or may not believe in, thank you for all of this amazingness.  I personally, often feel stressed at the end of the day.  I've heard enough loud voices, wiped enough dirt and tears, swept enough floors, assisted enough peeps, to the point of just collapsing on the couch or in bed and giving my husband a quick peck on the cheek and I love you, then falling asleep to prepare for the next day of crazy.  It's not that I am not grateful.  I am just caught up in each moment that I loose perspective. 

I'm going to make it my goal to refocus.  For instance, my husband just this moment, no lie, sent a text saying I Love you.  How lucky am I?  I have a man that takes a moment, albeit a small one, to remind me how he feels.  That's awesome.  Thank you God for this amazing man. 

I may make a blessings journal, but even if I don't I will be sure to remind myself to truly think before I complain.  I am not perfect, believe it or not ;), I will trip up and forget, especially when the kids are screaming and I am at my wits end.  However, I hope to be able to reflect back upon that craziness and though I plan to never miss it like crazy people claim I will someday, I will remind myself that I am one Blessed Momma.    

No comments:

Post a Comment