Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kid Activities

The latest hit in our house is SLIME!  Turns out to be super easy to make and is not as messy as it sounds!  SCORE!  I will admit I first saw slime on Pinterest but then went online and found this recipe.  The nice thing is that it is a 1:1 ratio  of ingredients, so do it once and you will more than likely have it stored in memory. 

*1/4 cup of water
* 1/4 cup of white craft glue (like Elmer's glue)
* 1/4 cup of liquid starch (used for clothes)
* Food coloring (optional)
* Mixing bowl
* Mixing spoon

  1. Pour all of the the glue into the mixing bowl.
  2. Pour all of the water to the mixing bowl with the glue.
  3. Stir the glue and water together.
  4. Add your food color now - about 6 drops should do it.
  5. Now add the liquid starch and stir it in.
  6. It should be nice and blobby by now. As you play with your slimy concoction, it will become more stretchy and easier to hold.
  7. Explore your slimy creation and store it in a zip bag when you are not using it.  

A second OMG why didn't I think of that activity:  tape paper all over the kids table and let them go to town!  My nanny did this with the girls, but then I decided to take it up a bit.  I brought out all kinds of craft items for gluing down.  Finally, we put down a bunch of large number and letter stickers.  On the number stickers I had Blaire put that number of stickers on or around the number.  She also traced and/or colored inside of the numbers and letters for extra practice!  Lots of fun, super easy...my kind of activity!


No comments:

Post a Comment