Thursday, June 27, 2013

One of those days

Deep breath.  Inhale, exhale. Repeat.  Again. Yea, not doing the trick today.  Wake up at 5 am with a screaming babes who then wakes the older one.  Paybacks to be given at nap time.  Luckily 3 year old jumps in bed with daddy and sleeps another 1.5.  Lucky me, I get to stay awake with a screaming 1 year old who just doesn't seem to want to be satisfied (though I'm sure breast feeding would do the trick but I'm staying strong on weaning).  Fast forward through breakfast: dressed getting ready to go out for a run with the double BOB.  One kid screaming about getting her hair brushed while the other is apparently trying to pull my shorts down while yelling.  After 3 attempts to appease baby, I let out a big "uuugggghhhh" and walk to the bathroom, where the husband seems to think that everyone is fine and happy and not giving me a tough go this am.  Really? Thanks hubby for joining in the love.  Finish run, baby asleep as planned, oh wait, 3 year old finds the loudest outside toy possible, baby awake; so much for a quick am power nap.  Errands, home play time, wow day is on the up and up.  Baby down for nap.  Hour later put 3 year old down.  Or so I thought.  She comes screaming for me, I was attempting to change the laundry.  Bring her back inside, oh, baby now awake.  Crap.  Put 3 yr. old back to bed, 1 year old, exhausted, miserable, refuses to fall asleep.  This mamma has tried all my tricks.  1 hr later 3 year old awake. Crap again.  1 hour nap is never ever long enough.  It's that point of being too long get back to sleep but not long enough to create a happy place for all.  Baby still screaming for I am not even sure what at this point.  3 year old screaming that she wants to go to swim lessons.  We will, in an hour when it's time to leave.  More screaming.  Please if you are going to scream go to the other room and do so and try to calm your body.  She's back in her room and now I'm getting the evil eye from the baby.  Seriously.  Deep Breaths. Inhale, Exhale, repeat.  F#$%! who am I kidding?!  Today will go down as one of those days.  I will enjoy some wine with dinner, which I will not be cooking. I will go to bed, exhausted, say my prayers, and hopefully fall asleep easily.  However, I am now and will later remind myself that although I do not particularly hope to remember today and/or savor these particular moments, I have two amazing children, one amazing husband, and one blessed life.  Time to rally the troops...fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment