Thursday, June 6, 2013

kid you are sucking the life out of me


I am a proud breast feeding momma.  I truly believe that if you can physically do it (breast feed) then you should.  (however, I do not think you are a bad mamma if you choose not to, that's the beauty of choice).  For me, it just seems that that is what nature intended so why mess with nature.

sb zoo baby giraffe just went in for some milk...it's just natural



















It is also convenient, free, more nutritional, and comforting for all.  I've proudly whipped out the boobies at all times of day and in all kinds of places, including the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney Land.   The babes is now 14 months and sadly I'm screaming in my head, "ENOUGH ALREADY!"  I've just come to this point where I'm done; mentally, I'm done.  Honestly, at 14 months there is no nutritional value to breastfeeding, at least that I am aware of and my Dr. informed me prior to my first born; it's more about the immunities transferring and comfort. Besides, she is eating real food all day long, you would think she had a bottomless pit for a stomach; thus, breast milk really is not needed.  Yet, when she is fussing at 1 am because for some odd reason my 14 month only has 3 teeth (one which was new this week) and is in pain, and she's reaching for the rocking chair (the only place I still nurse her) I don't have it in me to tell her no.  I'll be honest, part of that is out of fatigue, momma needs some sleep, but a larger part is because I just want her to feel better, even if it makes me feel, not worse, but not better. I have to tell ya, when I look at my boobs all I can think is, "really, are you even getting anything, because sweetie they don't look so voluminous." The last two weeks she has gone from 2-3 nursing's a day back to 4-5, and I have become exhausted again.  Literally, I feel like the life is being sucked from my being.  It's good to be needed and all, but sometimes mommy needs a break (bathroom time is another big one).  To those women who breast feed 2, 3, 4 years, I am in awe because I don't know how you can physically and emotionally do it, so Bravo.  To those of you like me, who reach a breaking point, I believe that that is okay. It seems to be natures way of saying, okay it's time for baby to move forward; hell in the wild it's like nurse for a few weeks then see ya, best of luck out there is the jungle.  I'm venting.  I know that things will get better, and I will no longer get the life drained out of me multiple times a day.  Honestly, if she doesn't choose to stop, them I will have to choose for her, because a drained mommy is not the best for anyone.  We shouldn't feel like we are bad for wanting it to end.  I won't feel bad for wanting my child to not be a nursing baby any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment