Thursday, June 6, 2013

I love my husband, but...

sometimes I want to ring his neck.  Let me preempt with this, I could not have asked for a better more loving husband and father to me & my girls.  I have on more than one occasion wondered how I got so lucky, but shrug and count my blessings.  Yet, there is something that by the time it gets to be close to dinner time, 5:30 or so, and the girls are getting their cranky hungry selves on, that gets me all twisted.  Then when the hubby rolls in (literally, he bikes to work on most days) at 6 and decides that it is time to throw the ball to the dog or give the girls bike rider food to taste, or jump on the swing set, because everyone should come outside barefoot in their jammies after bath, my panties get in a bunch!  Call me crazy or a B%$*!, but come on, everyone has been quasi patiently waiting for you to get home so that we can eat and really this is what you need to do at this moment.  Or better yet, the few nights when he is in charge of the protein (I'll eat red meat, but I wont cook it)  he has to open the junk mail...yup JUNK mail before he can start.  Seriously, makes me want to ring his neck.  The baby is freaking because she wants to eat, the older one grabs any snack she can find (which means dinner will become a battle), and I've already gotten everything else ready to go, and he needs to check on the junk mail!  Uggh! Then there are the times when I remind him, "ok, we will be leaving in one hour."  He nods.  "Ok, leaving in 30 minutes."  He nods.  "Ok, I've got the girls packed up, leaving in ten."  He finds that it is time to water the garden and oh wait he doesn't have any clean pants (or at least clean ones that he feels fit/are appropriate/comfortable, hell if I know).  Seriously?  I've been reminding you for an hour that we had to get going and NOW, with 10 minutes left to go, NOW is when you need to do this crap? What is it about men?  Or maybe it's just my man.  I don't know, but I can tell you this, it drives me up a wall.  I was raised to be on time, because it's proper and respectful.  This is the kind of crap that makes you late.  I seriously get anxiety.  Then there is just the pure stupidity of it all, bike food for a toddler, playing dog with ball at dinner time, reading junk mail.  Truly, I love my husband and can not imagine my life without him, but some times I wonder if he wants to be celibate the remainder of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment