Tuesday, May 21, 2013

2 New Favorite snacks

Ordering Thai food one night made me think that I needed to make a peanut sauce/dip for the girls that wouldn't be too spicy.  Some quick web search and a little improv and I have a new go to fav. The best thing about this dip is that it can be eaten as a stand alone, a dip for ANYTHING, meat, fruit, veggies, and even frozen into popsicles that are good enough for breakfast or dessert!

Nut Butter Yogurt
1 cup plain yogurt (again, my go to is goat yogurt)
1/3-3/4 cup nut butter (depends on how nutty you prefer, I go high end)
1 teaspoon honey (optional, I use only raw honey and lately from a clients hive..omg, amazing; also keep in mind honey is not recommended for kiddos under 1)
Dash or two of cinnamon (I can be heavy handed on this, but we like that around here)

I mix in the food processor to get a good blend, but you could mix by hand.  Super simple and delish!

#2:  I met a local woman who is a Holistic Nutritionist a few months back and completely fell in love with her food!  She is a big advocate of coconut and I enthusiastically jumped on the coconut bandwagon.  She has this recipe for a coconut avocado mango puree for babies.  Scrumptious beyond belief!  I've played with the recipe a bit and have created what I now call baby guac.

Baby Guacamole
1/2 cup coconut meat from a Thai Young Coconut
1/4-1/2 of an avocado
handful of organic spinach (or kale)
Papaya or Mango (no more than 1/2, depending on size on fruit)

Puree, eat straight up or as a dip.  I also freeze this one and serve it as a breakfast popsicle or to poor Sloane who is teething beyond what is fair.  I am also going to try adding in diced tomatoes for more of a salsa effect. 

BTW, the nutritionist's name is Rebekah and her website is justgoodenergy.com  Again, I highly recommend her recipes!  She has even got me making my own nut butters and I think I will never go back:)  We also love her Cacao Walnut Date Chia snacks!  I think I need to make some of those tomorrow! 
Happy Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment