Monday, May 20, 2013

Home Made Paints

Ok, I've seen all the home made safe paint stuff out there on other blogs and Pinterest and truly I've thought, "cool, I'll save that idea, but I think buying paint is a little easier, it's non toxic, etc etc etc".  Well, I finally caved!  Poor Sloane kept walking over to the basket with all of the empty paints in it, pulling them out, asking to have them opened and then was stuck playing with dry paint.  I felt bad for the little thing, Blaire was napping, so I thought what the Hell, can't be hard.  SERIOUSLY, it WASN'T!!  Not only was it easy, I thought it was way more fun than standard paint.  It was kind of gooey, dried quickly, and looked pretty!  I'm totally sold on the home made, edible (though seriously it's not exactly healthy, just not going to hurt) painting. 


Here it is:  Remember I found this on the internet somewhere, there are many different versions on many different sites. 

Ingredients:
Put in a pot on the stove, over medium heat, until thickened.  I stirred a bit while it cooked. 
 
I then separated into a muffin pan, added a few drops of coloring into each and VOILA, paints
 
Now, Go out and PAINT!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment