Monday, May 13, 2013

one more thing

"There is a pile of shorts that need to be washed for tomorrow on the floor"  This is what my husband tells me while I am on my way from work to the Chiropractors.  "ok, got it."  In my head, "seriously, you're kidding right? You don't have any clean shorts that will work for tomorrow?"

We are going to Disney tomorrow for Blaire's first time!  WOOHOO! and BOOHOO! all at once.  It was a gift from her grandparents and tomorrow is the day that works best for them before her bday.  Ok.  Of course, after my Dr. apt I need to get home and have lunch with the girls and have some mommy and girl time. Blaire and I made paper bracelets today.  We are leaving for LA tonight, driving during the time when the girls are at their hungriest and planning on a latish dinner with the grand parents.  Who's taking care of the dog?  Ok, I'm on it.  Dog sitter, check.  How about all of the clothing needed for tonight, including stuff for bath?  Tomorrow's clothing, diapers, back up clothing and underwear, SNACKS!  Snacks are a HUGE thing around here seeing as my girls believe themselves to be starving.  And car snacks, going to need them for tonight's drive if we plan on having any sanity. Ok, so I need to make a bag for snacks, a separate one for car snacks, PJs, Bath stuff, Clothes for tomorrow for both girls, diapers, and all the other crap the girls need.  OH shit, Car activities!  Traffic is unpredictable, my families ability to stick to schedule even more unpredictable. Strike that, predictably late.  Thus, the girls will need things to keep them entertained or they will go ballistic, better take care of that as well.  Don't forget to wash and dry Brian's shorts so that he has what he needs.  Sounds like everything, right? 

Am I complaining about the mommy list?  Yes!  Don't get me wrong I love my life, but seriously these are the times when you want to just say, "you know what?  I don't want to be in charge to pack all of this crap! Let's just skip this." Brian will get home late, because that is the gene pool he is from, and he will find at least 2 things he needs to do before we go.  I will be annoyed that I had to get all of his things together on top of the girls things, on top of taking care of a dog sitter, on top of the daily stuff, on top having to call and confirm dinner with the grandparents, on top of on top of on top of!  UGGGGH!  I don't think,  at least I hope, that I am not alone when I say that these are the things that can drive a mom nuts.  And, if anything goes wrong, or is forgotten, it will ultimately be my fault; it will not be said, but I will feel it because that's part of being a mom, mom-guilt.  Better go get those shorts in the dryer

No comments:

Post a Comment