Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Things I wish I cherished pre kids

Some days are just one of those days.  It's on those days that I miss the simple things the things I never thought to cherish and looking back wish I had.

1.  Using the restroom ALONE

2.  Showering 7 days a week

3.  Putting on clean clothes, leaving the house 10 minutes later in clean clothes, no mom shoulder

4.  White walls, sans handprints, markers, crayons

5.  My own playlists while running or out and about, not the children's

6.  Finding items where I left them, not in the trash or the play kitchen

7.  Cooking dinner without someone pulling on my leg or yelling mommy

8.  Eating dinner at a normal pace and spill free, not speed eating to be prepped to deal with a screaming kid or mopping up food/drink

9.  Reading Adult Books

10.  Finishing a simple task in the short time it truly takes, not being pulled away because someone is waking from nap sooner than anticipated (yup this sat for a bit as I was pulled in to get both kids since one woke up and decided the other should as well :) )


So for my childless readers, PLEASE cherish those things while you are able!

No comments:

Post a Comment