Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day

There is no better job in the world than that of being a Mother.  And I should know, because I am a mother and mothers know everything.  Doesn't that come with the turf?   Seriously, I never really knew that I would enjoy spending my days with girls as much as I do.  I was certain I wanted to be  a full time working mom, and although I do not work full time in the outside world, I work full time, as all moms do, in the family world and I wouldn't change that for anything. 

Funny thing about Mothers Day:  What is it that most Moms want most?  Time AWAY from the family!  Kind of ironic isn't it? And, those of you moms saying to yourself "no, that's not what I want." I think that you are full of it, or too scared to ask for it. Seriously, I received a text saying I hope you get some you time tomorrow.  While out running this morning, on my me time, though I had one kiddo with me, in the parks were kids with Daddies, not mommies.  I ran past many women out together, sans kids and men.  We celebrate being moms by NOT being moms!  Personally, I think that it is the BEST way to celebrate oneself...take time for oneself.  We are on duty 24/7, no sick time, no vacation time.  So, ONE day to take a few hours to just be you, no kids, no husband, to do something that brings you bliss, well that is what you NEED and DESERVE!  Don't be afraid to take it!

Happy Mothers Day to all of you wonderful Mommies and Mommies to be!  Remember, no matter how hard the days may get, how much you may want to scream and run away sometimes, you are doing an AMAZING job being a mom, which makes you an AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL woman!

ENJOY.  XOXO

My LOVES

No comments:

Post a Comment