Friday, May 10, 2013

Weekend Warrior

My husband and I used to call ourselves Weekend Warriors when it came to things like Hiking and Rock Climbing, seeing as the weekend was the only time we had to do these things (damn work).  I understand that for many people the weekends truly are the only time available for exercise.  So I ask you, What kind of Warrior will you be this weekend?

1.  Cardio:  love it, hate, it, indifferent to it...I don't care just do it.  Get your heart rate up, break a sweat, and burn some calories.  Go for a walk, but take the hill route or stairs.   Or try: 2 min at a quick pace, 1 min at an easier pace, 8-10 times. 

2.   Squats & Lunges are an asses best friend.  There are so many variations of each to choose from.  I like Around the World lunges because of the variety it offers in one move (lunge front, side, back, side for 1 rep)  Squat:  narrow stance, wide stance, rotated stance

3.  Tricep Dips on a chair, push ups (knees/toes/on a wall), shoulder raises front and side (use something equivalent to 3-8lbs in each hand), and bicep curls (weight 3-12 lbs each hand)  Can be done consecutively/with out rest, 10-15 reps each 1-3xs through

4.  Stretch!!  I will admit I am a terrible stretcher.  I wish I practiced what I preach here and I am getting better.  Stretching is important to keeping your muscles healthy and strong.  Too much tension creates a bad environment, just as much physically as it does emotionally.  SO take the tiem to stretch.

If you didn't realize all of these things can be accomplished with or without your child/dren present :)  That's how I roll! 

Happy Weekend Warriors!  Happy Mothers Day to the Mommy Warriors!

No comments:

Post a Comment